Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I've lost it!

You thought I lost my mind huh? Well maybe but that is not what I am referring to. I have lost the idea I had yesterday about what I was going to blog about...oh well I guess it was not that important. Well so far today I have had PWOC(Protestant Women of the Church) and we were suppose to have ballet but AE has another cough in which needs to be checked out...might I add I think La is the source of all germs ick! So our PWOC is doing shoe boxes for Samaritans Purse. We saw a video which of course there were parts of Boone in (yay Go App I miss home) which was nice to see. I think I am going to take Nat to do a shoe box of her own. We are on a mission this Christmas to leave the hustle and bustle and over gift giving and really focusing on the meaning. Anyways in all this I am guessing they will be driving the filled boxes to Boone....wonder if I can hitch a ride!


So I got another cloth diaper in the mail yesterday. It is a pocket diaper made by a work at home mommy. For you guys who do not know anything about cloth diapering(which I was so clueless) this is a diaper that has a pocket ( I thought it was literally like a hole in the diaper to which they peed...I know weird mind) basically if you look at a diaper...any diaper imagine at the back there is a opening between the outside and the inside of the diaper. It normally is about as wide as the diaper and as long. This is where you put inserts which kinda look like cloth maxi pads just thicker which absorbs the fluid! There you have it folks your first cloth diaper lesson. We put it on AE this morning and worked well and oh so cute I was going to include a picture but blogger.com doesn't like me today!

So since I can not add a picture I am going to put up a recipe! This is by far my favorite potato soup!

  • 4-1/2 bacon strips, diced

  • 1-1/2 small onion, chopped

  • 1-1/2 cloves garlic, minced

  • 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour

  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt

  • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil

  • 3/4 teaspoon pepper

  • 4-1/2 cups chicken broth

  • 1/4 cornstarch dissolved in cold water according to package direction

  • 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed

  • 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream

  • Shredded Cheddar cheese

  • Green onion the green part diced

    Place all in a crock pot minus the bacon, cheese and Green onion. plus 1 tbsp bacon drippings cook on low for 8-10hrs or high on 6-4hrs. Top with bacon,cheese and onion!

    I hope you all have a wonderful day...its almost Halloween...which means I can sneak the chocolate out of the kiddos bags!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment